Friday 2 March 2018

Only Die Cuts

I can't believe it's already March and with all this snow and biting winds it certainly doesn't feel like spring is nearly here. Still the old saying goes, March in like a lion and out like a lamb, so hopefully the end of the month may feel a little more seasonal!
As it's the beginning of the month it's time for a brand new challenge at HLS CAS. Here's my inspiration for you, can you guess the theme?





Yup, we are looking for projects on the theme of home.
I made this card awhile ago and got my dates mixed up and it was destined for last weeks challenge at CAS(e) the Sketch, never mind.
I die cut the sentiment using my MFT little alphabet dies from a panel of white card and the house, trimmed down from a First Edition Christmas street scene diecut, is cut from the same cardstock.
On the base card, I marked where the sentiment was going to lie, then inked it lightly with Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean DI to create an interesting background, before gluing the top panel down. I placed some double sided tape across the back of the house to keep all the little bits back in place, before popping it up onto pads for a little more interest and dimension.

For more fab inspiration, check out the rest of the team here, then why not join us.

I'm heading over to join in at:-



 Grab our Badge!            
                                          Use pastel colours       The type face reminded me of the challenge ID                                                                                                              

10 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS Julie ... what a great idea! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Pastels’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.
    P.S. Also fits the current 'CAS' challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, what a great card! I love your ink blending and the way you used the house die cut. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy colours peeping through the die cut and the all white house is a perfect addition. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Julie, the inks blend perfectly and are really fresh with the white. The snow is going...it's pouring with rain now so the lovely dry fields will be sodden once more!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of your letters. A great mix of colors.
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of that crisp, white cardstock is heavenly, and those colours behind the die-cuts stand out perfectly against the background. I love CAS designs so this caught my eye straight away. Its perfect for our challenge, so I'm glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun CAS card. I love the ombre coloring in your bold sentiment. The white on white house looks very unique! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late to this one, Julie! Great idea to trim down the die and I love the ombre background in the negative space, I keep forgetting all these design ideas. Having a bit of a mojo absence lately ! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fab .... I love how you've coloured behind the letters xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)