Wednesday 17 January 2018

Spotlight Stamping

I had some time the other day to have a little play in the craft room.
Looking around for a little inspiration I saw the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch, colours at Altenew and spotlight stamping technique at the  Flower challenge and combined them in this card.


I used a selection of flowers from Altenew's Beautiful Day and Remember This to stamp a spray in Espresso Truffle then embossed with a WOW semi dull EP, as I was going to use my Zig pens to colour.
After stamping on my panel of linen effect card I used a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis square die to cut out the panel. To keep the tiny bits in place, I added some double sided tape to the back of the die cut before removing the card from the die. Using the colours from this months challenge at Altenew, I watercoloured the blooms on the die cut with my Zigs, then glued it to another black fun foam die cut. The uncoloured layer was glued flat onto a white base card before adding back the raised up panel.

Joining in over at:-



   


6 comments:

  1. Very cool and beautiful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cool and beautiful! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab design Julie, I love the colours. Thank you for the double sided tape tip...I was wondering!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation, love the colours and as always the flowers. Love love Altenew stamps, your design is perfection. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Julie! This technique brings out the beauty of these Altenew flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW!! this is an amazing card, that die enhances your gorgeous flowers beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)