Friday 26 January 2018

Audrey's Christmas card

Evening all.
Just popping by to share a card for the latest challenge over at Merry Monday.
Their theme this week is SNOW so I thought this card rather appropriate.


This card is destined for my old next door neighbour. It's a long running joke between us for me to send owl related cards for Christmas and birthdays because of her love for Sheffield Wednesday FC or the OWLS!

I used my Lawn Fawn owl stamp and my favourite embossing folder for snow. The inked panel behind him was bleached with water to give a snowy effect also. The sentiment is from Uniko, I do love this set and the branch was from a Woodware set. My owl sports a blue and white scarf as those are the Wednesday's colours. I myself am a Sheffield United supporter and as a teenager used to use Audrey's Mum's season ticket to go and watch them, they play in red and white. Both my kids are Wednesday supporters as was my Dad, I think I supported United just to be awkward!

So joining in over at:-

             

Moving Along With The Times
CAS


B is for Birds

12 comments:

  1. Your owl is so adorable. Love the simplicity of your card. Thanks for playing Merry Monday Challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Awesome use of the sketch - love the owl on a branch. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww...what a sweet, sweet card...love it!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this really cute card with us at MAWTT. Great image. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, your owl is darling. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweet owl bundled up against the snow in his scarf. Thanks for making CC&S part of your crafting time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossed BG for the snow effect, fun image, beautifully coloured and love the story behind the making of the card too. Wonderful use of the sketch and super happy to see you in the CC&S gallery this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, Jules. Love that sweet owl and Audrey will too. :) That embossing folder is a favourite of many people. Wish it was still available! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute owl. The snowy disc is perfectly placed and I can't help wonder what the next Sheffield Wednesday owl card will be!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)