Tuesday 26 December 2017

Favourite Christmas cards 2017

Well all is calm after the Christmas festivities. I hope you all had a fab celebration and lots of crafty goodies in your stocking.
In the past few years I've done a run down on my favourite cards of the year starting with my Christmas faves so here they all are.
I have tried to keep up with my stash throughout the year so this first choice was made back in June.


An entry in a Less is More sketch challenge, do like a good sketch, this card uses an inked panel and a die cut tree landscape.

On into July and this card using this fab Uniko poinsettia stamp, I just love the big bold image and is perfect for watercolouring. 


I decoupaged the center and added the die cut embossed celebrate.

In the same week I made another winter/Christmas card, this time using Brusho, tissue paper and embossed snowflakes.


I must have been feeling the cold that day as this has a very cool feel to it!

After seeing some fab watercolour cards on YouTube I bought a Penny Black stamp at the stamp fair at Port Sunlight in October. This was my second attempt using it.


Having a MISTI certainly makes using this type of stamp so much easier, you can get a lot of definition into the image. The snowy effect is made by adding Frantage, chunky EP, on the still wet panel, then heat setting. Not wishing to spoil the panel I wrapped a #Uniko gold stamped and embossed sentiment on vellum over it.

 My last card is perhaps one of my faves. It is a OL card and took quite a bit of planning but I think it was worth it.


The theme was candle or light source and I was thinking of doing a watercolour version but after a bit of thought I couldn't see a way to keep it clean and crisp. The end product involved a lot of masking and delicate inking to get the effect, along with the judicious placing of liquid masking fluid.

So that's my Christmas card year, what's yours? 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have picked better myself Julie!! I particularly like the rosehips/berries, you painted them beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All stunning cards, my favourites are the last two they are just gorgeous !
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)