Friday 5 May 2017

Celebrate, it's your birthday!

Oops, sorry my post went live before I realised!  Sorry if you visited and it wasn't up fully.
It's been a little hectic chez Beech this morning. First we had a phone call to say that my new car was ready, then as I was dashing off to the shops the construction crew had dug a huge trench over 3 feet deep up the side of the drive without notification then abandoned it without fencing it off!!!!!. It was  a very precarious journey I can tell you, especially when one of them tried to come down as I was debating how to negotiate it! Anyway I wasn't giving way and there was no way for me to go anyway. He finally reversed to the passing spot, giving me a not too friendly stare as I passed. So I was a little dubious about my return trip and as I feared the lane was impassable, a foot wide trench and contents blocking my way. After negotiating the trenches on foot, leaving my car and shopping in the passing place, I made my way to the contactors comfort wagon to give the site supervisor a piece of my mind. 
Well it's not blocked was the terse reply, I begged to differ and asked why we had not been informed, the site manager replied they had been told to keep it open so didn't need to! Still fuming I asked if he would at least see me through the works, which to be fair he did. As to my new car, well it won't be ready in time for collection today so it will have to be Monday, :( .
I think I deserve a little retail therapy and a catch up with friends at Port Sunlight HS festival tomorrow, so looking forward to it.

So back to business, excuses over.
Here is my inspiration for this month's new theme/sketch challenge at STAMPlorations


I've used the sketch here but can choose either or both.



To start I cut a strip of polka dot paper and cut some flowers out using one of the Trendy Spring Blooms dies but only cutting part of the paper away, replacing the outline into the space left as I wanted to use the negative space as part of the design. I'm sure I've seen a similar technique out there some where but can't find it again!
On some scrap card, I scribbled some Copic colour in shades of yellow and cut 3 circle centers and a 
 CUTplorations dies Celebrate from it. To complete I stamped the rest of the greeting from World Birthday Cakes on a strip of white card. The central panel was then popped up on pads and also the centers of the flowers and glued the die cut sentiment flat.
For more fab inspiration please check out the rest of the team here, where you'll also find all the Ts and Cs.

I'd like to join in over at:-


Circle, die-cut, flower
The circles are small hope they count!


14 comments:

  1. Love this, so sunny and bright. Would cheer anyone up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OW - this is just awesome! So dramatic! Sorry to read about all that excitement. Sounds awful. Lets hope you can relax on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, love the black and white and that amazing yellow just pops! beautiful design!! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love it. Oh boy you do have a lot to put up with. Enjoy your shopping trip. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fresh and modern card Julie - the yellow really pops against the black and white and your negative die cut flowers are so creative. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SOOOOO cute! Sorry you had construction problems, but this card should cheer yourself up, LOL! Thanks for playing with the Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another bummer of a day for you then Julie...pleased to hear that he was courteous enough to see you through safely and probably just as well you weren't in your new car. This is such a lovely card, the black, white and yellow looks so fresh and I really like the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this card Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is eye catching beautiful. Black white and yellow just make me smile. I may have to try something similar today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so cheerful and pretty! Love the negative space...beautiful card Julie! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Julie what a clever way to use the flower dies...love it
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your constructions woes are over and you managed to get in and out safely! Gorgeous CAS card Julie, lovely take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on activity at STAMP and had to tell you how great I think this design worked. A total eyecatcher!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)