Tuesday 10 October 2017

Little Skier

Hi and welcome to a post to announce the start of the new ATSM challenge.
This week our theme is

HOLIDAY

Here is my 'holiday' card


The FB challenge over at LOTV asks to use one of the first of the stamps you bought so I used an early LOTV image but instead of the regular layout, I gave it a little twist.
The central circular panel is suspended in an aperture with invisible thread so that it appears to float. It was rather difficult to see in the first photo so here is another view.


I started by attaching some DP then a panel of embossed white card to a 5 1/2 inch square card.
Using a circle die I cut through all the layers to leave my aperture. The circle I cut was reused for the mount for the image but cut down using the next sized die. My image was stamped and coloured with Copics before cutting it out with another circle die and mounted onto the blue DP circle. I stamped the greeting from Woodware across the bottom. To make the image appear to float, I cut another circle from white card and sandwiched 2 lengths of transparent thread between it and the image, leaving enough to attach it to the card. Laying the image face down I placed the open base card over and using some double sided tape, attached it to my base on the inside. I covered the back with a paper panel to cover up the strings and added a panel of snowflake DP to the other inside so that you could see it peeking through.
So for more HOLIDAY inspiration check out the rest of the DT here.


I'm joining in over at -
Just the one little pooch on my card!


U for Unlimited Christmas

   

Edited 18/10/17 I forgot! 

12 comments:

  1. An absolutely delightful little skier, enjoying the slopes with his puppy for companionship! The suspended technique: very cool! Adding this to my 'must try' list! Love your card!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Julie. Love the soft blue colours on that cute skier! Fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a simply gorgeous card Julie and the floating panel idea is genius!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so adorable!!! The image is so cute and blue color is amazing for the snowy winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable scene! I love the texture of the snow storm! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you added dimension! Cute little scene! Thank for playing along with us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dimension too
    and the image colored sooo adorable Jules..love all the blue on this Holiday card
    so sorry just visiting ATSM ladies cards today
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card. Love the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! I love this fun image and the "snow"!!!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Debbie ~ CCC DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quelle jolie carte Julie, j'aime ces tampons lotv trop chou, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic. Your image is beautifully framed and looks wonderful in blue and white. I must try this idea, it's so clever
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)