Friday 14 April 2017

Alphabet Challenge, C is for?

Easter is upon us, shame the weather came a little early, last weekend!
Anyway, the cooler last few days have allowed me some crafty time without feeling too guilty about the state of the garden.
It's time for a brand new challenge over at the Alphabet Challenge blog, we have got to the letter C and as it was my turn to choose the theme I went with -

C is for CAKE!

Well why not, everyone likes cake. Here is my inspiration for you.


The little bear is by Fizzy Moon, one of a few I bought in the bargain bucket at The Range last year. This is his first outing, he got lost in the stamp box behind some others!
Stamping the image on a circle of white card from the bits box, I used a mixture of Copics and metallic markers to colour him.
The layout I used is from Sunday Stamps, but with a twist. Instead of simply layering up the DPs and image I die cut a circle aperture and placed him flat on the base card behind it and popped the finished panel up on pads to give a shadow. The papers I used are from NitWits and the stamped sentiment a freebie from a mag last month.

That's about it from me for today, check out the rest of the crew for more cake inspired projects.

I'd like to join in over at-



As You Like It Challenge
Favourite shaped base card

I always used to use a 5 x 5 square but it is quite wasteful of card and as a Yorkshire lass I couldn't thoil it as we say. I guess it means it hurt to see the cut off strip go to waste so I usually use an A6 top fold base now as my go to shape and size, 2 card bases from one piece and no waste!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card that is such a cute image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love that cute image and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely and very sweet card, teamie!

    Hugs and Kisses from Germany
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh the Teddy is so cuuute dear Jules
    I love love the coloring too
    perfect DP and pink paper too
    sweeet card
    many thank for joining us this time with My Sketch at Sunday Stamps so happy you join :)
    hugs
    Monika
    PS: if you like to visit my DT card I will be thrilled..its the one with fancy shoe in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I absolutely love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really sweet card. I love the cute bear and how you coloured him. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! I love your bear image and all the pretty papers! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable you stamped your cute bear inside the cut out. It really adds some fun dimension. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! Fantastic coloring and love our cut out center! Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that sweet image and your papers are perfect!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)