Tuesday 21 March 2017

With Deepest Sympathy

Good morning all.
There's been a bit of a drop in temperature these last few days. All I can say is that at least it isn't raining!
Over at Cardz4Guyz, we have a brand new challenge for you.

TREE/S

Wasn't sure where to go with this, spring popped into my head along with Christmas but as it makes my daughter cringe when she sees Christmas cards on my blog so early in the year I daren't go there again so soon!
So here is my take on this week's challenge.


I know it's not the sort of card you make on a regular basis but as I have none in the stash I thought I would make a sympathy card.
The tree stamp is one I picked up at Port Sunlight last October from the Chocolate Baroque bargain bucket.
It reminds me of the oaks I can see from my bedroom window, solid and full of strength.
I stamped in Versamark then embossed with white. The coloured background panel was made using the acrylic block technique. You add marker to the block and then spritz with water and stamp, trying not to splash outside the required area! A bit of a wiggle and then remove and leave to dry, love the water look it gives. A Crafters Companion sentiment in London Fog Memento ink was stamped and the top panel trimmed with a rectangle die before mounting flat on the base card.

I'd like to join in over at -

Please grab our logo
Close to Nature
Make My Monday Challenge Blog

White Embossing

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love it. I have just made one of these for my stash unfortunately they are needed quite often. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for a sympathy card Julie and yet another great technique. We had a frost this morning and it's now pelting icy rain and hail...brrrrrr!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Julie, sad to say but my sympathy cards are the best seller in my charity card sales..lovely tree stamp and I really like the idea of stamping and embossing in white

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resist stamping and trees make for a very good sympathy card. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful sympathy card, Jules. Love how the colours flow in the background. Haven't done that technique with the acrylic block for a while. Thanks for the reminder. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! That blue smooshing looks fantastic against that white tree. Great design and great color! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card and a great entry for our close to nature challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and so well done! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice background. Thanks for joining Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)