Friday 17 March 2017

LOTV Fairy

Good morning all.
I think we were lulled by all the fab spring sunshine earlier in the week, there could still be a sting in March's tail! It's a bit grey and dismal this morning.
Anyway here is a card to cheer which I made for the latest challenge at the Alphabet Challenge.
We are back at the beginning of the alphabet so our new theme is -

A is for -Anything with Wings

I went with this sweet fairy from LOTV.


I used the layout at Sketch Saturday for this but you know me in that I like sometimes to be not so literal with my interpretation.
I cut some circles from my top panel then went in search of some DP from the stash to place under it so I could colour my fairy to match. I am honestly trying to use up my enormous pile of DP but in the end I used some corrugated lilac card. I coloured the fairy using Copics and then fussy cut her and popped her behind the largest circle, wings outside. I did add a little crystal Stickles to the wings but it was so fine it didn't show up in the photo! The clouds and 7 were die cut from some scraps of white card.
After putting the layout together I thought it looked a tad bare but not that bare, so decided to doodle around the circles with a fine liner. All layers were glued flat, the corrugations gave me enough depth and shadow.
For more fab wing inspired inspiration, please check out the rest of the DT here.
.
I'd like to join in over at -

   

CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS

LOTV

7 comments:

  1. Hey Jules, great card, I like that there is an element in each circle 'window'. I am in love with the little doodles around the circles, I need to do this more!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card the fairy is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a charming card, Julie! I love all the sweet images and your spring color palette is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little fairy Julie and the doodling looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS - Ellenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. This is a lovely birthday card. Great layout and your image is coloured beautifully.Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie :DT
    Craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the soft pretty purple and the wee fairy!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SKETCH SATURDAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)