Tuesday 7 March 2017

Lego Rules

Morning all. 
It feels a little more like spring out there this week. Double figures forecast but rain to follow. Could do with some dry weather so that the fields and tracks can dry out a little.

Over at Cardz4Guyz we have a new challenge for you -

CLEAN and SIMPLE (CAS)

That's my kind of challenge, so no or few embellishments, let the image and design speak for itself. If you use DP keep it simple.
Here is my card.


My Grandson loves lego and was playing with his box of bricks and bits this weekend when he was over. Love to see him making up little stories to go with the cars and characters he has made. He gets totally immersed and forgot all about the laptop!
There are lots of lego cards out there on Pinterest such as this and this. I've made one before a couple of years back here.To make the bricks I cut some strips of coloured card and punched some small circles from the same card. The grey strip across the middle was embossed with a large dot EF and then I built up the bricks using foam pads. I added some white hi lights with a gel pen before arranging them on the grey 'board'. I stamped the STAMPlorations greeting using my Misti and coloured it in with matching Copics. 
For more CAS inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at -

   


The lambs are still arriving thick and fast. The sun is shining and they are to be seen basking in it all over the fields. The rabbits appear to have left my daffs alone this time and they are also relishing a touch of warmth as the poke through the grass. Here are a few of the lambs from Saturday's delivery.


It's always a bit of a ruck when they first arrive in the trailer, ewes try to find their lambs and visa versa. Thanks to my SiL Joe for the photo.
Here are a couple I managed to take yesterday. The lambs were playing king of the castle on the mound to the right when I spied them but they were soon called back to mum when Max and I were spotted.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Julie your card is stunning. I work with someone who would love a card like this. The lambs look like they are doing well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CAS card Julie. I used to love playing with logo when the boys were small. We used to go to London with friends to celebrate ourwedding anniversary when the boys were small. It's in November and we would always go to Hamleys to choose Lego sets for Christmas...happy days. Love the pics of the lambs...yay...spring!! Might need the boat for tomorrow though, looking at the forecast!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. My grand daughters love Legos as well as my son so this will be inspiration for me. Their birthdays are March, April, May so just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Those legos look fantastic! That is a very creative design. Also, what lovely animals! Those babies looks so cuddly! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your grandson is sure to love this fun card! I mean even I still love Lego's! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week, Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, Julie! Love the Lego blocks. Terrific for a boy, the kind of card I struggle with. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LEGO! My niece and nephew love Lego...and so does their aunt! So much fun...and a perfect image choice for the *connect* theme at Inkspirational! Thrilled that you shared this gem in the gallery! The lambs...oh my goodness! Absolutely adorable! I'd love to give them a cuddle....
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)