Friday 31 March 2017

Guesting at HLS Watercolour Challenge

Evening all.
Another late evening post from me. This time it's to say that I'm guesting over at the HLS Watercolour Challenge this month. I love to watercolour so I was so pleased to be asked to join in this time.
Here is my card


The optional theme this month is rainbow.


For my card I decided to use a rather busy all over botanical stamp that came free with a mag a couple of years or more ago which featured roses. However for the rainbow twist to work I decide to leave the flowers blank and colour the spaces in between. 
I stamped the rose panel with Versamark on MM paper using my Misti and embossed in white EP.
Using my Zigs I blocked in some colour in a rainbow effect, then spritzed it with water to blend.
When dry I trimmed the panel down and mounted it on a black base, adding a white embossed sentiment and a die cut that my buddy Sarah gave me at the HLS retreat last year which I coloured black with a Copic pen.


So thanks for stopping by, check out the rest of the team here for even more watercolour goodness!

The saga of our access track continues with a new twist today. After weeks of free flowing water down it courtesy of heavy wagons crushing the old drain, the #Railtrack contactors decided, without telling us, to dig up the track and lay some new drainage pipe this afternoon. Hurray you may think but as they didn't tell us they were going to do it we couldn't use it to go out. Good job I nipped to Sainsbugs when I did just before lunch. Al was supposed to be going to a friend's place to survey ready for a new shed, so when he thought they had finished he leapt into the car only to be told it would be another 15mins before he could use the track! Just typical of the contactors, a law unto themselves. It was a good job that we have access to the main road across the field. After all the work there was still water coming down the track when he returned some time later, Hopefully they will return to finish the job!

I'd like to join in over at:-

CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS
Anything Goes

New Badge!

Pop this on your blog to find us fast!
Botanical

That's Crafty! Challenge Blog
Foliage and Flowers

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog
Flowers Everywhere

16 comments:

  1. Clever way to emboss resist Jules. Love how you've created your rainbow background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant use of watercolours over that embossed image. Love how you created your rainbow colours. Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Julie. Beautiful and unique. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie this is a stunning card that background is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a vibrant and eye catching card. Thank you for the update on the water saga x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Julie, I love the bright colours, and that is such a clever way to use the stamp. Even better when the stamp is a freebie!
    I have thought about Port Sunlight, but I haven't ordered my ticket yet so I'd better get my skates on. It would be good to meet up for coffee/lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card with a fabulous botanical stamp and a beautiful background!
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you chose for your background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love this...I have a fascinating action with rainbow colours so this ticks all the boxes for me. Hope the new pipework will solve the water feature Julie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful, Julie! All over rainbow works on your bright spring card! So glad to have you as our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a beautiful watercoloured card. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning watercolour card, Julie!
    Thanks for sharing your work at {PIN}spirational Challenges #187. Good Luck and hope to see you again next time.
    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card - a fabulous use of the stamp for emboss resist, and so well done. Thank you for guest designing with us at HLS! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great creation. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card, love how you designed the watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)