Tuesday 28 March 2017

Frame it

Good morning crafters.
Hope you made the most of the fantastic weather over the weekend as, as the Easter break approaches the weather is set to get a tad wet especially around here. 
When I took the dog out on Saturday it was great to just stand on the top of the hill behind the house and gaze out across the fields towards the Staffordshire moors, the Welsh foothills and the Wrekin, sun glancing off the hillsides, absolutely wonderful. I am so lucky to be living in this glorious English countryside. I actually spotted 3 female pheasants through the lounge window walking up the track on Saturday but the light was fading fast and my attempts at capturing them on camera failed dismally!
So how appropriate then that the theme for this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz is -

IN THE COUNTRY

Here is my card using LOTV's 'In the Country' stamp.



Not quite Max and the hubster but not far off!
Over at LIM their theme is Use a Frame so I decided to incorporate a frame around my Copic coloured image rather than place the image on the surface of the card.
The top panel was made by cutting out a rectangle with a die to reveal the image below, before embossing it with a Tim Holtz EF. On the original stamp, the fence continues into a brick wall so I used this brick EF to frame the image. A happy birthday was stamped to finish off.

So that is it from me, for more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-

6 comments:

  1. What a fab scene, and beautifully coloured too. The brick embossing is really effective and sets it off to perfection! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love the image you have used. The scene you described sounds idyllic. Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this stamp Julie, I have used it more than once for cards for Martin!! We too were treated to gorgeous weather too, but alas the dull grey dampness has returned!! Lovely card and the story ework frame looks suitably rustic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfectly colored image. Love how you embossed the frame. Just perfect for this image. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cute scene Julie that is coloured to perfection - the embossed brick frame really sets your card apart though, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those vintage boy images by LOTV Julie and this works a treat behind your embossed panelled frame! Simply stunning and lets hope that gorgeous sunny weather returns soon. thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)