Tuesday 28 March 2017

ATSM Photo

Well over here in the UK, the clocks have been put forward, so I shall hopefully be in the land of nod when this post to announce the start of a brand new challenge at ATSM goes live!
Edited - The dog had other ideas!
This week it is our photo inspiration and for my card I've been pretty literal!


Here is this week's photo.




See what I mean?
My card is pretty CAS using the blue splashes and butterfly as my inspiration.
To start, I took a piece of MM paper and placed it in my MISTI. I stamped the STAMPlorations butterfly with Salty Ocean DI then gave it a generous spritz with my water mister. I wasn't too bothered about the splodging that resulted, in fact that's what I was aiming for. I inked it up again this time with Blueprint Sketch DI and repeated. With a straw I then blew across the puddling ink to create the fine lines and splashed some of both blue inks over the panel. When completely dry I stamped the same butterfly and sentiment from the new release from STAMPlorations with Blueprint Sketch DI. I was able to layer up the different images because my stamp was always in the same place thanks to my Misti. You could do it without it, but I guess you would get a slightly off edge effect unless you are A1 at lining up your stamp!
When dry I cut my panel down a little and adhered it to my base card.
Please stop by the rest of the team here for more fab inspiration.

Joining in over at-



     Take It, Make It Challenge

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours. And I really love the sentiment and the beautiful splashes of colour you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Julie, it really is about time I got a bit inky and tried some of your lovely techniques xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Julie and your stamp layered butterfly is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this ..... great splattering in the background. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly amazing, Jules! Talk about rocking a photo inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Julie. I love the blown ink and I don't know why I don't think to do it. It and the splatters matches the photo perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous translation of the inspiration photo...your beautiful butterfly sees me swooning!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just GORGEOUS!! So glad to see your card in the gallery Jules! :)
    Hugs
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooowww the result is Fantastic Julie
    love this adorable butterfly stamp from stamplorations too
    Great DT card Julie
    (I made similar like yours but with blowing technique :) but similar card we made hehe LOL)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely. Adore the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dramatic and romantic impression on the inspirational photo, Julie! Real beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)