Tuesday 7 February 2017

You and Me Always

Good morning folks.
After a couple of really crisp winter days we are back to grey and miserable, as well as windy. I suppose we are never satisfied and life would be boring if the weather was too predictable!
Anyway the saga of the track continues a pace. The heavy wagons on Friday managed to smash a field drain that was originally a good 12" under the verge on the side of the track. The result, a beautifully clear stream of water running down the edge of the track washing soil down to create a further mess at the bottom in the dip. The contractors have put down some granite lumps to fill in the dip higher up but the stream was still running mid afternoon yesterday. So much for them saying they would sort it at the weekend! Railtrack get your act together please! 
The wagons continue to use the lane and erode the edges so I'm sure that more of the drain will be smashed before it gets sorted! It had lasted a good many years before Railtrack came.

Sorry, rant over and back to happier things. Love is in the air over at Cardz4Guyz where this 
weeks theme is -

LOVE YOU

Here is my card based on one by the fabulous Therese Calvird for the Flower Challenge.


The scribbled heart die is from a Tim Holtz set by Sizzix which I cut from the top panel of my card. I then cut it again from some red funky foam and from a rectangle of white just a little smaller than the top panel. The background is a watercolour, Brusho and Inka Gold Platinum spritz experiment that has been sitting in my tray waiting for just this moment.
To assemble, I glued the red heart and white foam panel over the w/c panel and then glued the top panel complete with card heart onto the foam and then onto the base card.
The 'amazing' die is a new one from STAMPlorations and I love it so you will be seeing a lot of it, cut from a panel of shaded card made with a selection of red Copic markers blended together and the hearts were some of the same experimental panel. As with the heart I popped the 'always' up on some funky foam before gluing flat on the panel.

For more masculine Valentine inspiration please check out the rest of the DT here.

There are lots of Valentine/heart challenges around at the moment, all playing their part in influencing this card so I'd like to join in over at -

     

Grab Our Badge!
Inspired by the words
'Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart'
Heart was the link word to my card and my hubby is my best friend!

    Our Blog Badge
      Ch. #124- Love

14 comments:

  1. Super fab design, I totally love that awesome heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a gorgeous care I love the heart. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that the contractors haven't sorted out your "water feature " Julie, no wonder you are so annoyed!! What a lovely card you are sharing today, love the ombre effect of the amazing die cut, it looks really fab against the wonderful heart. Freezing rain again down here today and it looks like below freezing tonight. The gritter doesn't come through the village any more so treacherous roads in the morning then!! Stay warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty CAS design Julie - I love how the ombre diecut ties the elements together. Hope your water woes are sorted soon! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your design Jules. The inlaid die-cut card is so beautiful, espeically with the gorgeous colours of brushos in-behind. Love the two tone die-cut sentiment. This would be perfect to enter at CAS Watercolour ... hope you'll join us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Julie. Really lovely. Red & lots of white and hearts and beautiful die cutting. Ahhhhh! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely wonderful Julie. I have the die sitting on my desk ready to go. Your card is very inspiring. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out and at AAA CAS Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is fabulous! Love the use of negative space and the ombré diecut is amazing! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love how the "amazing" turned out!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stylish and classy looking card Miss Jules! Love that ombre look.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love that diet heart and the subtle colours. Looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great. Nice job for a Clean and Simple Card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Juli, what a stunning card! I am always glad to see your creations. Love the way you used inlaid die cut. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful dies cuts and the soft movement of color.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)