Saturday 5 November 2016

Remember

Morning crafters.
Well tonight is Bonfire Night over here in the UK, not something I'm overly keen on, so Max and I will be tucked up safely with the TV on and hubby can do what ever he wants! There are usually some large displays nearby that are visible from the landing window, that's the nearest I will be to them! 
Where we used to live, November 4th was called mischief night, when pranks were played, but it has rather been taken over by Halloween of late. I remember my Dad telling me of the pranks he and his mates got up to in the 30's and 40's. One of his favourites was to tie a button onto a piece of cord, then toss it over the roof of a neighbour's house and dangle it next to the window, pulling on the cord to rattle it, the other involved dropping it down a drainpipe with much the same effect, miss his tales.

At this time of year we remember those who gave their lives for their country and despite what FIFA may say, wearing a poppy is not a political statement, it is an act of remembrance for the fallen. Luckily for our family my FiL came back safe if not unharmed from WW2 and Dad was just a little bit too young but many families were not as lucky. So with this in mind the latest challenge at Fantasy Stampers is

POPPY APPEAL

Here's my card for your inspiration.


My Sheena Douglas poppy stamp is getting a second outing in this design but in a totally different way from my earlier card (here)
This time I've coloured the poppies with Copics before trimming down the panel, allowing the petals to over hang, then mounting it on black, then a kraft base card. The sentiment from Stampin Up is embossed in white.
OK, that's basically all there was to it. For more poppy themed inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and why not join in?

I'd like to join in over at:-

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Thinking of You

CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS       Take It, Make It Challenge

Anything Goes                                     Anything Goes


11 comments:

  1. So pretty, your poppies are beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, peaceful card Julie and I love that cut out overhang technique! I'm with you about Bonfire Night - I'll be tucked up at home too. I actually love fireworks but not enough to stand out in the cold for now that the children have flown the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Julie. I love the effect of the red of the poppies with the kraft card. We have both used the same stamp in our designs but our cards look completely different. One of the reasons I love stamping so much.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, I love those poppies!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a great fan of bonfire night either. All the horses are safely tucked up in their stables and, as yet, it's fairly quiet here despite some large displays 6 miles away. I am, however, a great fan of this card, what a lovely stamp and I love what you have done with it against the kraft xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poppies are gorgeous Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie this is a stunning card those poppies are gorgeous I love that stamp. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. I miss grandad's tales too (both grandads actually)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love those sweet poppies! Great design and coloring!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing long with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)