Saturday 22 October 2016

Witching You .....

 Morning all.
The weekend stretches before us, the crisp autumnal air means the log burner is up and running but as yet the range in the kitchen is yet to be lit. I'm glad that's the hubster's job as I'm OK at adding the logs I'm not so good at starting it off, there is definitely a knack to it. I have memories of coming down in the morning as a child and watching Mum with a coal shovel and a piece of the night before's evening paper placed across the fire opening getting it going. A tricky thing to judge when to remove the paper just before it went up in flames!
Life is a little easier with a log burner but there is still mess to clear up in a morning! However, there is something comforting about sitting in the glow of the logs watching Saturday night Strictly. Love this year's series, so many great contestants but one or two are putting their heads above the ramparts, Ore and Danny were fab last week and who can forget Ed Balls' Mask samba from the week before.

Anyway back to the real reason for this post. Today sees a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers.
Our new challenge for you is -

HALLOWEEN FUN

Here is my card for your inspiration.


Originally, I planned to use the sketch over at Freshly made Sketches, but looking as how it finally turned out I hope it's acceptable! Instead of a purely Halloween card I turned it into a birthday card with this computer generated sentiment. The colours are those at Colour Q, Copics for the little witch from LOTV Halloween, minus the 'ghost' and DI blended for the panels with a little water spritz for texture.
For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and then why not join us. We'd love to see your stamped creations.

I'd like to join over at -

        



5 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! Your little witch is adorable and I love the background you created! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Julie. I would love a wood burner and am currently trying to persuade my hubby that we really NEED one. I love sitting in front of a real fire in the winter.
    Enjoy your fire and Strictly (those two are my favourites along with Louise).
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet Julie and makes for an especially lovely Birthday card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I know the perfect person for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous! That little witch is just the cutest thing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)