Friday 20 May 2016

STAMPlorations May challenge, a reminder

Afternoon folks and welcome to a post to remind you that the latest challenge over at STAMPlorations. is ongoing until the end of the month.
Here is my card for your inspiration -


As always it's up to you whether to go with the theme or the sketch or go with both.

            

For my card I went with the theme!
As the challenge over at Less is More is The Sea, I looked out my nautical STAMPlorations sets, True North and Anchored for this project. This is a OLC so I planned what I wanted to use to make my panel then masked of the card with Post its to create a panel to ink.
To start I used some DIs in Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and Peacocks Feathers, then stamped some elements such as the anchor, compass and text in the same colours. Now, I left it for a long time to allow the ink to dry as I wanted to heat emboss the next set of stamps an EP has a nasty habit f stickin to bits you don't want!. 
I took the yacht and stamped it across the panel, then masked it and added some waves, all embossed in white. This allowed me to use plain water, a paint brush and kitchen roll to bleach out the colour from the sails. I then washed in some Gathered Twigs DI over the hull. I then used a Memento brown ink to stamp the greeting from the Noteworthy set.  To sharpen up the edges of the panel and add a little interest, I scored along the reverse of the panel to create a raised border.

As usual all Ts and Cs are on the main blog, as are the fab DT's inspiration projects as well as this month's fab GDs, Jane, Pooja and Bozena.

So why not pop over and then join n.

I'd like to join in over at -

"Less is More"
OLC - At Sea


(Thanks for the tip Sarah!)

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh the little yacht looks awesome! Lovely card Julie! :)
    Suchixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for the impending graduation season! Such a quaint and clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi July,
    Your card is wonderful. As if I was on the regatta. There is movement on your card, which gives me energy /
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way of creating the panel and a super effective finished result. The boats really seem in motion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Jules. Wonderfully executed panel, love it!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic sea-scene Julie and perfect for the challenge. A brilliant card for guys and speaking of which you might want to link it up at Uniko too if you haven't already. Thanks for playing along at Less is More. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous depth in your panel giving your card a 3D look. My favourite sentiment quote too! Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie fantastic male card love it. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. It's great how you have managed to do so much to your panel without it warping to keep it a OL card! V impressed. Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome OL and masculine card, the sketchiness of the stamps works FAB with the watercoloring. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)