Friday 12 February 2016

Happy Anniversary

Welcome to a post to share a card influenced by a few challenges out there at the moment.


Over at Less is More the girls are celebrating 5 years with a White on White challenge, I love this style of card  and their challenges, so I really wanted to enter but couldn't focus in on what I wanted to do, but when I saw the latest sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch that clinched it as did the MUSE card by LIM DT member Anita. It sort of came together in a flash.
I took the layout from Anita's Muse card, the WOW from LIM and the criss cross pattern from Anita's card and the sketch at CAS(e) as my inspiration.
The background was made using a NEBUS EF from X Cut I picked up the other week as belonging to the 'I think that would be useful' category! The 'happy' die is also a new purchase from Seven Hills Crafts (also sponsoring LIM this week) by Wplus9. I was really impressed by their service, so think I will use them again. I cut it out twice in black and white and glued them together so a tiny bit of black was showing to give it more definition against the white background. The butterfly and leaf elements were die cut using MB dies in silver and vellum and the MFT banner was stamped with a freebie stamp I picked up with a mag at class on Wednesday and embossed in silver.
That's it then, better get a wriggle on or I will miss the LIM deadline, :) .
I'm joining in over at -
"Less is More"
5th Anniversary - WOW


17 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant. That silver butterfly - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable and elegant Julie and a classy challenge combo.
    thanks for playing along in the birthday challenge this week at Less is More. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! I've been drooling over that embossing folder, and you've used it perfectly here. It works for both of these challenges perfectly! Great sentiment, and that butterfly is so pretty. Gorgeous card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Julie, the EF is fantastic and is a perfect backdrop xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Julie - the delicate butterfly looks so pretty in silver! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply lovely!
    Great embossing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad my card inspired you, Julie, and well done for combining the other challenges too. Love the silver and black touches, it all makes for a very classy card.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Muse and Less is More this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stylish Julie - love that embossing
    Thanks so much for joining our 5th birthday celebration challenge!
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card in silver and white, it stands out in the muse gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous, Julie! LOVE the white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Wowzer I love this...the subtle white on white, the beautiful ef, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Julie! Great job combining challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is so pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)