Saturday 1 August 2015

Agapanthus

Morning all and hello August!
It's time also for a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers, not fantasy but proper old fashioned stamping required!
This time our theme is-

LOTS OF LAYERS

Now I'm not into slapping on the layers in cards so I had to think hard about my DT inspiration project. So when I saw the latest sketch over at CASe this Sketch, I knew where I was going with my design.


I think the technique I used here is termed by some, triple time stamping. What it really is, is stamping over panels temporarily adhered together then pulled apart and mounted on contrasting card maintaining the pattern. I used the colours over at Colour Me but as I don't have Stampin Up colours I used the nearest DI's I had. After arranging my circ;les on my base panel I stamped the Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster stamp in the corally ink then again in dark blue. The panels were then separated and mounted on blue card and trimmed. A Crafters Companion greeting was stamped in blue on a white banner and adhered to the base at one end.
Job done, CAS with layers!

OK, now it's over to you. Pop over to the blog to check out what the rest of the DT have come up with for your inspiration. Remember no digis allowed. 
If you fancy joining us as a GD for a month just add GD after your name on your entry.

I'm joining in over at -

    
                                      Team Hayley

Thanks for stopping by, see you back soon?

9 comments:

  1. Jules, this is a very lovely design with the added texture and triple stamping. Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that technique. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules, love this stamp - can I borrow it? Fantastic design as always. Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant layered technique Jules and the colours are great too and perfect for that collection of agapanthus xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on a layering stamped card what a cool way to do it. Thanks for sharing such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so cool! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card...love your take on that sketch! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Julie! I love all of the stamping and the fabulous layered design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)