Friday 17 July 2015

Uniko Guest Designer

Morning all.
Just a quick post to let you know about my GD spot over at Uniko!
I love the stamps that Bev has put out but haven't had any 'til I won their May challenge with this card. I won a gift voucher for the shop and decided to indulge! As I had won the challenge Bev also asked if I would GD for their July challenge and of course I said yes.
Here is my card for their new challenge -

BLACK and WHITE with the optional twist of COLOUR


I used the fantastic Gerbera Daisy that I had been coveting for sometime!
I wanted it to be the star of the show but was unsure where to go, then I remembered a card I'd seen that used an image that was divided into sections. Sorry but I don't have the link to it to give the appropriate acknowledgement. 
( 29/7 Thanks to my ATSM teamie Monika here is the link here. )

I first stamped the image in Grey Flannel Momento ink then again in black. I coloured the background of the black stamped image in black Copic pen but left the grey one free of colour. Using Copics I coloured the gerberas before die cutting a panel in each flower using a MFT pierced rectangle stax die then sliced up the image . I reassembled the flower, alternating strips from each colourway, popping some of the layers up on pads. I also mounted the finished panel on a black piece to frame it. The greeting is from STAMPlorations.
Pop over to the Uniko site for even more inspiration from the Uniko team.


I'd like to join in at -
        GRAB OUR BANNER

                                                    Let's Colour

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog

AG add a sentiment

Thanks for stopping by. :)

16 comments:

  1. I love the treatment you gave that flower Julie!
    So beautiful... congrats on the GD spot at Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous effect that die cutting has created, love it! Great to have you join the team as a Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, clever and a brilliant take with the Gerbera stamp. Love the pops of colour and classy dimension. Great to have you guest designing this month too Jules and thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WOW! This is just amazing, what a FABulous and beautiful showcase of this set. The die cutting, stamping and layering technique you have used is so clever and you have achieved a stunning result. Super happy and honoured to have you Guest Designing with us for this months challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so pretty, so great having you onboard as guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card and you have used a great technique! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative! what a fabulous design :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a perfect guest for this team Jules, their stamps are right up your street. Such a stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Julie - this card is absolutely stunning! LOVE those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie this is stunning, I love all the dimension you created to showcase that wonderful flower. Great to be your fellow GD this month x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Julie. I great technique with the flower topper too.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Julie and perfect for our theme at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Amazing card Julie. The colors, white space, layered technique, sentiment - love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a knock-out showcase of this daisy...stunning! Love it!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing card design. Gorgeous floral image and love this technique!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie this is funtastic and I love the color and the flower looks great with this partial part of the colored flower
    if I am not wrong I see similar like this at Ashwini Blog
    she used black and yellow on her flower card
    I was in love too with her card
    if I found her link I will send you per mail teamie ok
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)