Saturday 18 July 2015

Blooming Buds

Good morning crafters.
I'm scheduling this post because in all the rush to get ready for my Grandson's party I may forget!
As I write this the weather should be kind to us, so no need for littlies to be careering around inside!
This week sees the start of a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers. This time we would like to see your projects on the topic of -

PRETTY PETALS

So lots of flowers please!
Here is my card.


For my card I pulled out my Dee's Arty Inspressions Blooming Buds from STAMPlorations.
I love these stamps, they are so easy to use and give fantastic results. The layout of the card was based on a card I saw online and decided to create the top panel out of one piece.
I cut a panel from some scrap card then placed it over where I wanted to stamp the flowers. I then ran a fineliner around the edge of the aperture to frame the image then removed the mask and drew another around that. To get the slots in the top panel I used the smallest of my MFT pierced rectangle stax to cut away the strips, careful to line the top and bottom cuts up first! 
I coloured the flowers using the colours from Colour Me in Copics and stamped the sentiment from the same set as the flowers. The embossed panel was made using a offcut and a freebie narrow ef, Sheena Douglas I think. The whole panel was then popped up on pads.

Why not pop over to the Fantasy Stampers page and join in.
REMEMBER
We are a STAMPING challenge so we cannot include digi images, no matter how fantastic in our top 3.

I'm joining in at -

        GRAB OUR BANNER

                                             Let's colour




Thanks for stopping by. :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jules. Love the soft colour of your beautiful blooms ... and the embossing strip in-behind is so elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the way you did the flower image and also the embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blooms are so pretty, especially against that wonderful, embossed panel. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word, what a lovely design. Simply gorgeous! Thank you very much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...! Be sure to come back on Wednesday and join in the fun for our next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)