Friday 5 June 2015

Stamps and Washi

Good afternoon crafty friends.
It's time for a new challenge over at STAMPlorations. This month we would like to see your projects using Washi Tape. Now for me that is rather a tricky one as I don't really have much in my stash and a trip to the craft store is a major trek. I tried making my own with stamps and micropore tape but it still didn't inspire me. Then I saw Vicki's (All I do is Stamp) card over at MUSE and this got me to thinking. Here is the result.


Here is Vicki's fab muse card.


For my take I used a combination of an ARTplorations stencil Shower of flutters and the Trendy Butterflies stamp. My nod to washi are the tiny punched butterflies, which I punched from washi covered card. The large butterflies were first stamped with DI and then washed over with a little water before using the stencil to outline them with a fine line pen.
OK, now it's your turn.


PRIZES
*Note: you do not need to use our products to win -- the design team votes on the winner and top picks

Winner
Prize: $10 gift certificate for the shop or 3 digi stamps
+ Guest Designer spot in a future monthly challenge
Top picks
Guest designer spot in a future monthly challenge 

Winner and top picks will receive a personalized STAMPlorations guest designer watermark and a personalized guest designer badge to display on their blogs.

FREQUENT PLAYERS
We're doing away with the Frequent Players Spotlight. Instead, those who play in the two (monthly and/or sketch) challenges we host this month AND use a STAMPlorations product (stamp or stencil) will be highlighted, as well as get an entry to the random prize drawing. So play in the Sketch Challenge or Monthly Challenge or both -- your choice! When you enter projects using our products, you'll be in the running to win a STAMPlorations stamp and stencil pack valued at $10. The winner can also opt for a $10 gift certificate.

So no excuses for you not to join us!
For more inspiration check out what the rest of the team have been upto as well as our fab guests this month.
Rahmat GD
Greta H GD
Becca DT
Wei Wei DT

I'm joining in at -

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea Jules, another use for washi tape, I have some but never know what to do with the stuff, although it is quite useful for taping down dies before running through the GC!! Love t your stamped butterflies and the washi ones add some lovely dimension. Hope you manage to snap some star jumping lambs...like toddlers they have no fear!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and colourful Julie, love your little washi butterflies. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful--just the style I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the soft colours and the use of washi! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled I inspired you to create your fun card! The washi bflies are awesome- Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm swooning over your marvelous butterflies, and applauding your very innovative use of washi! Amazing inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)