Tuesday 24 February 2015

Little Boy Blue

Good morning folks, and welcome to the new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
This week DT member Jan has chosen the theme:-

LITTLE BOY BLUE

So what can you come up with?
Here is my card for this weeks challenge.


I apologise for the quality of the photo, I tried lots of angles but it was either too dark or too bright, this was the compromise!

I found this little stamp when moving some stamps to a new storage trolly. It was one I bought years ago on my first trip to the Harrogate Craft Show. I think it was from a bargain bin at the Stamp Man stall along with some holly leaves, a star and a couple of key stamps!
I stamped in Broken China DI then embossed in clear embossing powder, The squares were die cut using my MFT pierced squares and mounted on the background panel which I made from scratch by inking a Darice EF in Broken China, spritzing with water then closing the folder over a piece of card and pressing firmly. The stitched ribbon and buttons from the stash were glued across the bottom third of the striped panel. The sentiment is from a Molly Bloom set.

That's about it, why not pop over to the main blog to check the DT's inspiration out and join in.

I shall also enter the following challenges:-

The Male Room - Make your own background paper

Thanks for popping by, see you back again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card - and isn't it hard to photograph blue? Especially at this time of year when the daylight is so poor (and today the light is wonderful - and I haven't got a single card to photograph. Typical!). Thanks for the background idea, I'd never thought of using an embossing folder without actually embossing and I have several that would work perfectly for it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE diagonal stripes - adorable baby card - Thanks for joining in at TMR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Jules. LOVE the diagonal stripes and the buttons. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fresh look of this but still a lot of detail x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the baby card - the diagonal stripes are super. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet background paper, love the monochrome, perfect for a masculine baby card. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)