Monday 9 June 2014

Scraplings

Morning all. 
I just got ready to take Max for a walk but when I opened the back door it was raining cats n dogs, definitely time to wait until it stopped or at least slowed. Max took one look out, then turned tail! So I'm back in the craftroom posting a scrapling I made at the weekend.
What is a scrapling I hear you ask, well according to Virginia over at Virginia's View it's the bit of card leftover from A4 when you make a square card made into another card or tag.
For this month's challenge she would like us to make a tag or a card or both with a little bit of recycling included. Well I love a bit of recycling as I never throw anything away, ask my co workers, husband, kids and friends! I have boxes of off cuts and can't bear to throw odd bits of ribbon you get on clothes labels and new tops that poke out from your new top!

Anyway here is my card:-


The narrow front panel was inked in DIs through a scrap of plaster board tape to create a bit of texture. The Gerbera Daisy was cut from an oddment in the box and the stems and leaves inked with a W/C marker and waterbrush. The coloured petals were left over from an experiment with colouring I hadn't used. I felt it need a little more vegetation so I found some scraps of string in the bit box and inked them with the same marker. I curled them to resemble buds and glued them to the base, then put down the daisies. Dew drops from the stash gave a little more texture but I thought there was something missing and there on my desk were the circles left from my circle burst die and added a few around. The final touch was a bit of gold elastic chord which was floating at the bottom of my ribbon box tied in a bow and glued above the leaves.
OK that's a wrap for today, thanks for popping by.

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing, stunning!!! A work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a work of ART, Julie! The background and details on the flowers are gorgeous! I like how you added the vegetation! What a well thought-out design! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job with your 'scraps!!'. Lpve the flowers. Cindy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)