Thursday 12 June 2014

Muse #71

Good morning peeps, just!
My daughter text me on the way home last night, could I make her a card for her friend who is moving house this weekend. Well I had been mulling the challenge over at Muse this week and thought I could have a go incorporating the two. 

I love'd this weeks Muse's card, it's by Therese Calvird.


I loved the bright colours and the repeated sentiment that was layered to be above the background but still be in the pattern. Now I have a slight problem here. I only have some old Ellison alphabet dies that have 2 letters on a die and no electronic cutting machine so I had to think laterally. So this is what I came up with.


The letters are Block Party and the paper NitWits Summer Splash, left over from the last project!
I cut a little house freehand and embellished it with a pearl. The background was embossed using a DoCrafts folder as I thought plain was too much of a contrast to the stripey paper.

I shall also enter the following challenges:-

ATSM - CAS
Creative Inspirations - Bright Colours

Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you can.



15 comments:

  1. What a great interpretation Jules. Love the embossing, you are quite right, it suits the wonderful striped sentiment perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bright cheery card! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Love this background embossing and up and down stiriped patterned letters with your little house. Adorable pearl handle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are great! I like the popped up letters in the first card and the embossing on the second. What great, fresh designs! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came out great! Love that bright PP that you used for the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bold letters and embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful, love that you were able to use the dies that you have, aren't they just the best font!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the new home card too!! Very well done and such a great reason to craft a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blue stripes against your pretty embossed background. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. two lovely cards, both are perfect! I love the embossing on the new home card. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this week.
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I love the bright colors on the white and your embossed background is so much fun! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jules, I love your textured background!! Your die cut looks great on top of it because it looks textured too. The plaid colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! Love the texture and the colours you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)