Friday 23 May 2014

Muse #68

Evening all. 
Not a very good day weather wise, a bit damp and drab. So grey that we resorted to firing up the range cooker this afternoon. Tomorrow looks worse so we may light it again. So much for Spring Bank Holiday!
This week the muse at Muse is Marion Vagg with this delightful card.


I love the clean and simple layout of her card and had lots of ideas on how to go with my take and in the end I went with my Poinsettia die from Le Crea. That meant it was a Christmas card but hey you've got to start sometime.


I added some gold/yellow crystals to the center of the flower and some extra foliage with my Sizzix die from Stampin Up. The chevrons were cut from some matt silver textured card and pieced where the same white ones were cut from the main 5 x 7 card. The greeting is from a Woodware collection, not sure of the name.Must look out for some larger greetings in time for this Christmas.
Well that's it for today, come back tomorrow for some more DT and GD inspiration.

I would also like to join in at :-



16 comments:

  1. Jules, your Poinsettia is just beautiful and I love the chevrons. Great take on the Muse. Just an FYI, Merry Monday's challenge this week is "flowers". We would love it if you to joined us there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. Gorgeous Christmas card. Love the texture you've added the the petals of the poinsettia. It looks fabulous against the mat silver chevrons - great job with the challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - I love your beautiful poinsettia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS and just beautiful! Love your silver inlaid chevrons...soft, subtle, yet bold at the same time! Love everything about this card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That die is gorgeous - love all the texture and the rich, rich red! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Great take on the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS, Julie! I love the inset silver chevrons and that gorgeous embossed poinsettia! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is some incredible diecut....looks SO real! It is beautiful with that pretty silver chevron, too! Thank you for participating in the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So perfect Julie, a stunning design. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the silver looks great with your pretty poinsettia. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great card. I love the chevron border and the white space you left. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning - your Muse card - love the silver inlaid die cut chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous CAS-ness of this card against the richness of that flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Julie! Your card is the Merry Monday winner! If you'd like to be our Guest Designer next week, email me at [bonklass at gmail dot com] and I'll send you the information.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card - so simple yet striking and ever so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)