Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Goldfish

Morning all.
An extra post this week as I was inspired by a couple of challenges I found while doing my DT comments.
At Muse this week the inspiration is by Marion Vagg.


She has used watercolour over resist white embossing and a textured card base. When I saw this I immediately thought goldfish, because of the lovely sunny flowers and watery background. I loved the woodgrain effct card she used for the card base but I haven't got anything like that so I used some coarse linen textured card I had in the stash. The stamp I used must be over 10yrs old but it fit the bill. It's from Inca Stamps and is called 'Stained Glass Fish.' I used my watercolour pens and waterbrush to colour the image after stamping and heat embossing in white.


I was also inspired by the challenge at Inkspirational, which is this sketch.



I shall also enter it in the following challenges:-
ATSM - Make Your Mark

So that's about it for today, thanks for popping by.








13 comments:

  1. Great combination of these challenges - I love the beautiful shading on the fish! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the fish stamp. Brilliant watercolour.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card love the shading on the fish and the watery background just beautiful. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, superb combo, love that diagonal, so eye catching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card - your watercolouring looks fab:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute! I like the watercolor look. I definitely see the stained glass effect. Creative use of the sketch and I like the clean look. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great watercolour resist technique - I love the clean look of this card, with the crisp diagonal lines of the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges and for your interest in our DT - unfortunately, the deadline was the 18th April. I hope you'll come back for our next challenge. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so eye catching it just pops out at you ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, your goldfish! Such a cool take on the inspiration picture from Marion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic fish! I love the inspiration too!
    Great work
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.
Thanks
Jules :0)