Wednesday 23 April 2014

Goldfish

Morning all.
An extra post this week as I was inspired by a couple of challenges I found while doing my DT comments.
At Muse this week the inspiration is by Marion Vagg.


She has used watercolour over resist white embossing and a textured card base. When I saw this I immediately thought goldfish, because of the lovely sunny flowers and watery background. I loved the woodgrain effct card she used for the card base but I haven't got anything like that so I used some coarse linen textured card I had in the stash. The stamp I used must be over 10yrs old but it fit the bill. It's from Inca Stamps and is called 'Stained Glass Fish.' I used my watercolour pens and waterbrush to colour the image after stamping and heat embossing in white.


I was also inspired by the challenge at Inkspirational, which is this sketch.



I shall also enter it in the following challenges:-
ATSM - Make Your Mark

So that's about it for today, thanks for popping by.








13 comments:

  1. Great combination of these challenges - I love the beautiful shading on the fish! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the fish stamp. Brilliant watercolour.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card love the shading on the fish and the watery background just beautiful. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, superb combo, love that diagonal, so eye catching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card - your watercolouring looks fab:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute! I like the watercolor look. I definitely see the stained glass effect. Creative use of the sketch and I like the clean look. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great watercolour resist technique - I love the clean look of this card, with the crisp diagonal lines of the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges and for your interest in our DT - unfortunately, the deadline was the 18th April. I hope you'll come back for our next challenge. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so eye catching it just pops out at you ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, your goldfish! Such a cool take on the inspiration picture from Marion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beauty and original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic fish! I love the inspiration too!
    Great work
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)