Saturday 29 March 2014

Silhouette

Good morning all.
It's Saturday so it's time for a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers. This fortnight it's-

SILHOUETTE

This topic more or less speaks for itself. This is my contribution to the DT inspiration.



I have gone down the CAS route again, I seem to be taking refuge in this style more and more. I have never been someone who throws everything at a design so the style really appeals. It does take a little more planning but once you have decided what you want you are away.

I started by making a mask by cutting a rectangle out of a piece of card to ink through. Having secured the mask over the white base I blended Festive Berries, Squeezed Lemonade, Weathered Wood and Black Soot DIs to create a soft sunset background. After removing the mask I stamped the images in Versafine Onyx Black, allowing some of the foliage to come onto the white border. The stamps are from a Sheena Douglas set A little bit Scenic - Silhouette Grasses. The greeting from LOTV was also stamped using Black Onyx. The card was trimmed to just shy of A6 then mounted with pads on a matching soft pink A6 easel card so that there is just a peek of pink showing.

Well now it's up to you to have a go. Why not visit the rest of the DT to see what inspiration they can give you.

Thanks to my new colleague Cindy for pointing me in the direction of  Fashionable Stampers Challenge which is also asking for Silhouettes.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Jules - the simplicity of your CAS design is what makes it so striking, love it. Have a great weekend, hun.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules this is stunning love the CAS Design, hope you have a good weekend. Love Alison xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. I think that CAS and silhouettes are a beautiful combination! And the muted colours in the background look so soft and effortless.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)