Sunday 16 March 2014

100th Post - Fairy Wings

Good afternoon peeps.
I've just realized that this is my 100th post since I started back in July last year. I never thought I would get the hang of this blogging lark but I'm still doing and enjoying it even more than I hoped.
 It has been very sunny here, if a little chilly in the breeze, but we managed lunch under the overhang of the new shed. It was so hot my legs were burning as we were out of the wind, watching the latest crop of lambs bounce around the field. I've been sat in my craftroom later this aft, listening to Johnnie Walker 'Sounds of the 70's'. Brought back a lot of memories but I have produced a little something.


This is a departure for me as I don't usually do DL cards but I was inspired by the latest Sketchy Colours challenge. It's a sketch but it is a rectangle as a base. I know I could have made it into a square or a 5 x 7 but I went with the DL for a change and I'm glad I did.
The image is from LOTV, who else, and as some other challenges are asking for green as focus, I went down that route choosing Nit Wits 'Butterfly Kisses'.
I coloured the fairy with Copics to match the papers as follows:-

Hair - YR12,09,E07,09
Skin - E000,00,11,13 R20
Foliage and skirt - YG 11,13,17,61,63,67
Top, shoes, flowers - RV000,10,13,14,21,23,29
Wings - C0,3,5

I always choose the paper first as it's easier to match your pens to the paper than the other way around, and you end up with a unified card. The fairy is mounted on a Joy lace doily die in white card, ribbon, flower etc were from the stash.
I shall enter it in the following challenges:-
Crafty Little Fairies - Anything with wings
The Ribbon Girl - Use Green
Love Rubberstamps - Use Green
The Paper Shelter - Fairies
Sketchy Colours - A Sketch
Thanks for popping by and happy crafting. x

PS You've only 24hours left to enter the challenge of WORDS over at Cardz4Guyz.




9 comments:

  1. I love the pink and green colors. Great design and adorable image! Thanks for playing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mum! Not so sunny over in Wigan today. Also a possibly poorly boy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a complex sketch but you managed beautifully, I love that stamp! You made a brilliant card :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. I love your design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Beautiful image with great coloring. This card gives me the feeling of spring.
    Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors, good luck.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at TPS this week and good luck :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a fab job with that sketch and I love the DL design. This is one of my fave colour combos and is perfect for the sweet fairy :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies!
    Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Jules, love the spring colours and the pretty die you used for the image. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)