Tuesday 14 January 2014

Cards 4 Guyz goes live

Good morning.
Today is the beginning of what I hope is a wonderful adventure, my first DT spot. 
Our first challenge over at Cards 4 Guyz is :-

 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'

This is my first effort for the team.




I seem to be on the CAS theme again but using a masculine stamp and aperture this time.
The image is from LOTV and I coloured it with Copics as follows:-

Hair- YR24 Y21 E41,43
Grass-YG11,13,17
T-shirt- BG10,13,15
Log- E41,43,44,47

The background paper is from NitWits (Just hatched - clouds), glued to the base card and the top layer is white card embossed with a polka dot embossing folder after cutting the aperture with a Sizzix hexagon die.
I then mounted the image and the embossed layer with pads onto the base card. I cut away the log from the main image and mounted it on pads on the polkadot card putting in a few squiggles to suggest water as the original ones were lost when I cut the log off.

Well I hope you enjoy your first challenge over at Cards 4 Guyz or go and visit us and enter if you haven't been already.

I shall enter it in the following challenges:-

Craft your passion - Cool Colours
Crazy Challenge - Cards for men
LOTV - Anything goes

Bye, but come back soon.

10 comments:

  1. This is very clever I love how the log is on the front of the card and the little boy in the aperture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Julie - love the little guy peeking through your aperture.

    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, it seems to be telling a story. Loving the different shaped aperture too. Thanks for a great start. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! Glad to be on the team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the fun layout you created--the scene is fabulous, too! Love how the boat is outside the hexagon and on the white space! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Julie, I love how he's watching his little log boat sail away. Good to be on the team with you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Julie so pretty. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just a perfect card, lolling around on the river bank, ah! memories of me and my brothers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic design and so clever too.It works wonderfully.Brilliant CAS card that any boy would love to receive.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great card! I love the unusual shape of the aperture and how you've separated the message from the main image!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)